Help Jen Walk Again

Help Jen Walk Again

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Five Years and Still Strong

Hey Everyone!

Five years ago today, I was injured in Big Bear, California in a sledding accident. I landed on my back causing a dislocation of my T10/11 vertebras. I was told that I would never walk again, but today, because of your support and donations, I am proving them wrong.

I am now a senior at the University of Southern California (Go Trojans!). My goal is to walk at graduation on May 16, 2014! I am double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology, and I plan on continuing my education to obtain a PhD in Brain and Cognitive Sciences. My ideal job is to further research in the genetic field of memory and cognitive disorders.  As a research assistant for Dr. Clayton Stephenson, I have worked 4 to 5 hours a week in the lab where I collected, inputted, and analyzed data. I am also the President of both the Lebanese Club at USC and the Los Angeles Cedars Rotaract Club.

I continue to balance my time between school, internship, extracurricular activities, and therapy. I have classes Monday through Thursday and attend therapy at the new Project Walk in Claremont on Fridays.  I also train at C.O.R.E. with Taylor Isaacs on Saturday. The new Project Walk, thanks to the Be Perfect Foundation, is less than 15 minutes from my parents’ house.

I am happy to report that I have been making significant improvements. I continue to use my Ankle Foot Orthopedics to help me walk independently, but recently, I have been working with the walker to take larger steps. My standing is more balanced, I’ve improved my alternate knee bends on the Total Gym, and I have overall better control of my legs.



I fought hard every day because of your support.  I continue to succeed because of my donors and angels.  Each year, I am closer to my goal of walking without any assistance, so thank you for your support.

Thank you!
God bless and love always,
Jen Bou Lahoud


PS: I am working on a new video blog about pool therapy. Keep an eye out for it!
Please visit www.helpjenwalkagain.com to fund my fight to walk again.



No comments:

Post a Comment