Help Jen Walk Again

Help Jen Walk Again

Sunday, December 9, 2012

SCI Standing Frame

Hey everyone,

Below you will find a quick video of my new standing frame. Thanks to recent contributions to my cause, I was able to purchase one.

A standing frame assists a Spinal Cord Injury individual into a standing position. I can stand with a walker and AFO braces but the standing frame allows me to stand for longer durations completely by myself. Though the standing frame is considered to be “passive” standing, there are various benefits:

  • Keeps the legs active through weight bearing
  • Helps the blood to circulate to the lower extremities
  • Strengthens joint stability
  • Maintains bone density

Since I have the standing frame at my apartment on campus, I will be able to stand on a daily basis. With the addition of a table, I will be able to do my homework as I stand. It is a win-win!

Click here to see my new standing frame.

_______________________________________________________

To purchase a standing frame as shown in the video, please click here.
Prices vary on any specific features you may want but the one I purchased was $2,500.
_______________________________________________________

This is the next step forward, but I still have several steps to go in my recovery. Please visit
www.HelpJenWalkAgain.com on ways to donate.

Thank you my angels!
God Bless and Love always,
Jen Bou Lahoud

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that is awesome!! So happy to see you able to have the opportunity to stand at your apartment. Your progress is extremely inspiring. Fight on!

    ReplyDelete